Despite the fact that it had been coming for a while, it is still big news in the absolute top segment of the wine world: Romanée-Conti Grand Cru is no longer the most expensive wine in the world after many decades. - TEXT MILAN VELD
The list of most expensive wines in the world compiled annually by wine search engine winesearcher.com is as of now headed by Musigny Grand Cru from Domaine Leroy. It's all about rising demand, largely driven by consumption. Particularly exquisite and high quality is in high demand at the moment, and this is synonymous with Domaine Leroy.
Top 10 most expensive wines in the world 2021
1. Musigny Grand Cru, Domaine Leroy
2. Romanée-Conti Grand Cru, Domaine de La Romanée-Conti
3. Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru, Leroy Domaine d'Auvenay
4. Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru 'Cros Parantoux', Henri Jayer
5. Scharzhofberger Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese, Egon Müller
6. Musigny Grand Cru, Domaine Georges & Christophe Roumier
7. Montrachet Grand Cru, Domaine Leflaive
8. Chambertin Grand Cru, Domaine Leroy
9. Ermitage 'Cuvée Cathelin', Domaine Jean-Louis Chave
10. Montrachet Grand Cru, Domaine de La Romanée-Conti
With 3 places, Domaine Leroy dominates this top 10 and no fewer than 8 of the 10 places are taken by wines from Burgundy. Only Egon Müller, with his very scarce Scharzhofberger Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese, manages to hold its own somewhat in fourth place among all the violence from France.
Curious about the whole article? You can read it in Winelife 72. Order this one here!
Don't want to miss a single edition? Subscribe then subscribe to Winelife Magazine now!